What's happened to the kernel development?
Basil Chupin
2014-10-06 13:44:20 UTC
Until 2 weeks ago there were almost daily updates to the kernel - the
last one was on 19 September, kernel 3.16.3-1. But that was the last one
- 17 days ago.

All the updates I have have come from the repo
..../Kernel:/standard/stable/ .

I see many posts about patches to the kernel but see no sign of any
updated kernels.

Is there a problem with building the updated kernel for 13.1 (for
example) or has development of the kernel stopped?

BC
--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor
Jiri Slaby
2014-10-08 15:04:39 UTC
Post by Basil Chupin
Is there a problem with building the updated kernel for 13.1 (for
example) or has development of the kernel stopped?
Funny :D.

No it has not. It is still rolling.
--
js
suse labs
Basil Chupin
2014-10-09 05:58:05 UTC
Post by Jiri Slaby
Post by Basil Chupin
Is there a problem with building the updated kernel for 13.1 (for
example) or has development of the kernel stopped?
Funny :D.
No, not 'funny' at all - it was a genuine question as my post indicated
for the reason given there.

Strange too, that while there were no responses to my post (yours is the
only one, and days later) 2 days after my post a new kernel was
available. But then coincidences do happen...... :-) .
Post by Jiri Slaby
No it has not. It is still rolling.
I am most gratified to hear that this is so :-) .

BC
--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
Jiri Slaby
2014-10-09 10:01:59 UTC
Post by Basil Chupin
Post by Jiri Slaby
Post by Basil Chupin
Is there a problem with building the updated kernel for 13.1 (for
example) or has development of the kernel stopped?
Funny :D.
No, not 'funny' at all - it was a genuine question as my post indicated
for the reason given there.
Strange too, that while there were no responses to my post (yours is the
only one, and days later) 2 days after my post a new kernel was
available. But then coincidences do happen...... :-) .
Yes, I committed something. It was only that there were no stable
updates in that time frame, nor fixes pushed to the stable branch...

No worries, it's there and is not going to die.
--
js
suse labs
Basil Chupin
2014-10-11 09:22:08 UTC
Post by Jiri Slaby
Post by Basil Chupin
Post by Jiri Slaby
Post by Basil Chupin
Is there a problem with building the updated kernel for 13.1 (for
example) or has development of the kernel stopped?
Funny :D.
No, not 'funny' at all - it was a genuine question as my post indicated
for the reason given there.
Strange too, that while there were no responses to my post (yours is the
only one, and days later) 2 days after my post a new kernel was
available. But then coincidences do happen...... :-) .
Yes, I committed something. It was only that there were no stable
updates in that time frame, nor fixes pushed to the stable branch...
No worries, it's there and is not going to die.
Yep, and, in fact, there was an upgrade to 3.17.0 yesterday :-) .

Thanks for the explanation.

BC
--
"A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."
Oscar Wilde