Kernel:HEAD/ARM repository
Andreas Schwab
2014-07-01 08:50:01 UTC
Could someone please change the ARM repository configuration of
Kernel:HEAD to remove x86_64 and add armv6l, armv7l and aarch64?

Thanks, Andreas.
--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab-***@public.gmane.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
Michal Marek
2014-07-08 12:56:55 UTC
Post by Andreas Schwab
Could someone please change the ARM repository configuration of
Kernel:HEAD to remove x86_64 and add armv6l, armv7l and aarch64?
The ARM kernels are disabled in git, that's why there are no ARM targets
in Kernel:HEAD/ARM. x86_64 is there only because
openSUSE:Factory:ARM/standard has it among its targets. I could change
the script so that a given architecture is added only once, but the ARM
configs in git need to be refreshed nevertheless.

Michal
Andreas Schwab
2014-07-08 13:10:41 UTC
Post by Michal Marek
Post by Andreas Schwab
Could someone please change the ARM repository configuration of
Kernel:HEAD to remove x86_64 and add armv6l, armv7l and aarch64?
The ARM kernels are disabled in git, that's why there are no ARM targets
in Kernel:HEAD/ARM.
Why do you need to remove them in the project?

Andreas.
Michal Marek
2014-07-08 13:29:05 UTC
Post by Andreas Schwab
Post by Michal Marek
Post by Andreas Schwab
Could someone please change the ARM repository configuration of
Kernel:HEAD to remove x86_64 and add armv6l, armv7l and aarch64?
The ARM kernels are disabled in git, that's why there are no ARM targets
in Kernel:HEAD/ARM.
Why do you need to remove them in the project?
This is to avoid needless rebuilds of the noarch kernel-source and
kernel-docs packages for architectures that we otherwise do not build
kernels for. E.g. there is no ix86 or ppc SLE12 kernel, so there are no
i586 and ppc targets in Kernel:SLE12.

Michal
Andreas Schwab
2014-07-08 13:43:38 UTC
Post by Michal Marek
This is to avoid needless rebuilds of the noarch kernel-source and
kernel-docs packages for architectures that we otherwise do not build
kernels for. E.g. there is no ix86 or ppc SLE12 kernel, so there are no
i586 and ppc targets in Kernel:SLE12.
But why do you have to kill them each time? That should be a one-off
action. By removing an architecture you are throwing away all previous
build results and log files.

Andreas.
Michal Marek
2014-07-08 13:52:04 UTC
Post by Andreas Schwab
Post by Michal Marek
This is to avoid needless rebuilds of the noarch kernel-source and
kernel-docs packages for architectures that we otherwise do not build
kernels for. E.g. there is no ix86 or ppc SLE12 kernel, so there are no
i586 and ppc targets in Kernel:SLE12.
But why do you have to kill them each time? That should be a one-off
action. By removing an architecture you are throwing away all previous
build results and log files.
The script is stateless, it just recreates the project based on what is
in git currently.

Michal
Andreas Schwab
2014-07-08 14:03:24 UTC
Post by Michal Marek
The script is stateless, it just recreates the project based on what is
in git currently.
There should be no need to modify the project at all.

Andreas.