taking ab0431059ed0d0e3a9e532ad0488ada25021249d
Oliver Neukum
2014-08-13 13:50:05 UTC
Hi,

what do you think about taking

ab0431059ed0d0e3a9e532ad0488ada25021249d
platform: add chrome platform directory

It is a major reorganisation, but necessary to fix
bnc#882294

Regards
Oliver
Jeff Mahoney
2014-08-13 14:16:08 UTC
Post by Oliver Neukum
Hi,
what do you think about taking
ab0431059ed0d0e3a9e532ad0488ada25021249d
platform: add chrome platform directory
It is a major reorganisation, but necessary to fix
bnc#882294
Hi Oliver -

Why do we need that patch? It doesn't change the code at all and just
reorganizes it. On the one hand, since there's no code change, it's
completely safe. On the other than, unless there's a compelling reason
for it beyond not having to adjust the filename in the backported
patch, it's also unnecessary.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs
Oliver Neukum
2014-08-13 18:13:13 UTC
Post by Jeff Mahoney
Post by Oliver Neukum
Hi,
what do you think about taking
ab0431059ed0d0e3a9e532ad0488ada25021249d
platform: add chrome platform directory
It is a major reorganisation, but necessary to fix
bnc#882294
Hi Oliver -
Why do we need that patch? It doesn't change the code at all and just
reorganizes it. On the one hand, since there's no code change, it's
completely safe. On the other than, unless there's a compelling reason
for it beyond not having to adjust the filename in the backported
patch, it's also unnecessary.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It will take this patch and some others.
The other patches are not very sensitive, but I consider this one to
be so. Yet the later patches all depend on this patch. It is not worth
doing extensive backports for this.
So what is the community's opinion?

Regards
Oliver
Jeff Mahoney
2014-08-13 18:14:06 UTC
Post by Oliver Neukum
Post by Jeff Mahoney
Post by Oliver Neukum
[...]
What's extensive? The file contents are identical.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs