net/ipv4/ping_group_range sysctl defaults
Cristian Rodríguez
2014-07-16 04:57:24 UTC
Hi:

I suggest changing the defaults of sysctl net/ipv4/ping_group_range..
this feature is unusable because it allows no one to use ping
sockets..(no, not even root )

At least, allow root to use it by default.. but I suggest you just allow
everybody to do so..otherwise it is completely pointless as the main
purpose of this feature is to allow send/recieve ICMP ECHO messages
without special privileges...

Currently traceroute tries to make use of this feature.
--
Cristian
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to